Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
Windows 7 puts less between you and what you want to do - less waiting, less clicking, less hassle connecting to networks. Windows 7 combines the latest in reliability and responsiveness with the familiarity and compatibility of Windows.
Windows 7 makes the things you do every day easier. With fewer clicks, faster searching, easier browsing, and simpler ways to connect, theres less between you and what you want to do. Windows 7 is designed to improve the performance of your PC, so its faster, more secure, and more reliable. PCs with Windows 7 simply work the way you want them to work.
Take a look at these highlighted features in Windows 7 Home Basic:
- Features like Jump Lists, Pin, Snap, and Windows Search all make using the PC simple and easy.
- Connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 supports the latest hardware and software.
- Joining home networks with other PCs running Windows 7 is easy and simple.
Connecting to wireless networks is fast and easy.
- Internet Explorer 8 improves the safety of web browsing.
Determine if 32 or 64-bit is right for you
Each package contains two disks: one with the 32-bit edition and one with the 64-bit edition of Windows 7. Please make sure you know which to install on your PC. The benefits of 64-bit are most apparent when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM or more. In such cases, because a 64-bit operating system can handle large amounts of memory more efficiently than a 32-bit operating system can, a 64-bit system can be more responsive when running several programs at the same time and switching between them frequently. Please note: if you are presently running 64-bit software on a PC running a 64-bit edition of Windows Vista and you move to a 32-bit edition of Windows 7, your 64-bit software may no longer work.
Processor Required 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
Hard disk 16 GB available disk space (32-bit) / 20 GB (64-bit); for the download version, an additional 3 GB is required
Memory Required 1 GB RAM (32-bit) / 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
Video card DirectX 9 graphics processor with WDDM 1.0 or later driver
Other Additional requirements to use certain features:
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
- Home Group requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- Music and sound require audio output
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.